TS6090 TwenSpace laser cutter
|Project: TS6090 Laser cutter|
|Name||TS6090 Laser cutter|
I bought a TS6090 80W laser cutter made bij Merknaam JIN ZHI YIN. As you would expect with a cheap china lasercutter the controlling hardware (and software) is a bit crappy.
Specifications (in short)
- Bed size 60x90 cm
- 80 Watt laser tube
- Flow sensor (connected to power supply)
- Lihuiyu M2 Nano controller (with Coral Draw plug and USB protection)
So I want to upgrade the 'brains' of the machine with a MKS board (clone of smoothieboard). TkkrLab have already modified an other lasercutter that works well, so I want to change this laser to the same software.
Prices are indication of cost, no shipping, tax etc.
- MKS board ($45.59)
- LCD screen ($4.80) The package deals with touch screens doesn't work in these configs.
- Rotary encoder ($1.28 ) for menu control.
- 2 Optocouplers $0.50 a piece, needed for laser power.
Additional general info
- XY Stops was 1 connector (white bottom on before photo), changed this to two separate connectors. Use a multimeter to see how the connections are.
- Power for the board new connector, we only need 24V (was 24+5 volt for Lihuiyu board)
- Smoothie use the same connectors for XY steppers, so just plug in.
Power control was done manually with a seperate control (bottom left on before photo, that has to be done from smoothieboard. For this we create a small print inspired on our experience with the TkkrLab lasercutter.
Remove the original analog display (unscrew bolts) and button interface (you can control it by software, so not REALLY needed). Later you can replace this with a nice LCD display & Rotary Encoder. The connector of this original analog display is connected to smoothieboard J8 (near SD card).
- Safety switch, turn of laser is the lid is open.
12864 LCD Display
This is only the bare display, so without 'smart' features like SD card or included rotary encoder.
Pin layout for MKS Smoothie and 12864 LCD Display
|Smoothie name||Smoothie pin||Display pin||Display function|
|GND||EXT1 9||1||GND / Black|
|5V||EXT1 10||2||5V / Red|
|P0.18||EXT1 3||5||R/W = MOSI Green|
|P0.14||EXT1 5||6||E = SCK Yellow|
|P0.16||EXT1 4||4||RS / CS Orange|
Pin layout for MKS Smoothie and rotary encoder
|Smoothie name||Smoothie pin||Rotary pin||Rotary function|
|P1.30||EXT1 2||SW / White|
|P3.25||EXT2 3||CLK - Pin A - Yellow|
|GND||EXT2 9||GND||GND + Pin c - Black|
|P3.26||EXT2 5||DT||Pin B - Green|
First update the current firmware with the latest. All left to do is to make a good 'config' text file with all the settings.